Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday

It's almost surreal how calm this day has been. TJ & I have been so busy the past couple of weeks/ months with school, work, and family. I had to work last night and I didn't get off until after 10 so TJ decided that we were just going to rest today. Although its been nice, its also been kinda boring. We almost feel as though we were doing something wrong because we weren't really doing anything at all. In any case, it was nice to just be with each other. Couples need that every once in a while.


In other news... SBVC finally had a commencement ceremony on wednesday and I participated in it. I'm in the far left right in front of the people with the gray gowns. Can you see me. I got there late and ran in line because everyone was already walking out... It was lots of fun. My family and best friends were there so you can only imagine how excited I was to have everyone in the same room. I haven't really been trying to broadcast the fact that I was graduating because I thought.... Why make a big deal about it, it's only an Associates Degree. TJ didn't like that way of thinking and made it a point to help me understand that it was an accomplishment. It has taken me six years to do it but I am really excited that I got it. I am the first in my generation to get a degree higher than a high school diploma and being fourth to the youngest grandchild out of 89, I can honestly say that I am proud of myself. I love my husband for continuing to make me feel like my small accomplishments have helped change the world. I laugh at him sometimes but deep down inside I really do feel special. I'm very grateful because he's a Salanoa and my Salanoa sisters know that sentimentality is a lot to ask for from one of the Salanoa brothers....lol.... Well, that's all for today guys. To anyone reading this, be happy, stay beautiful, and keep smilin.

3 comments:

Monty&Kristin said...

Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment! We are so proud of you! I'm glad TJ helped you realize it was a big deal! Sounds like you guys are doing well. Glad you had a moment to just relax and enjoy each other! Yes...we all need to do that more!:)

hayLa said...

awwwwww sis congrats. im so mad you didnt tell me about this. if i can go to jennys 8th grade graduation then im sure i can come to yours. i am so proud of you. i wish i could have shared these moments with you. love ya sis!

James and Cindy said...

Is that the reason you guys tried to call us on that friday? I am so sorry, our phones were almost completely dead so they were up stairs at my parents place. Congratulations!!!!!!!!! that really is great that you were able to finally get your associates and I know the bachelors is on the way. (Im talking about degree, not men) I miss you guys, and hope all is still going well. Love ya!! :)