Monday, August 11, 2008

Emergency Room

Today was not a good day. Both of my ears have been throbbing since last Thursday. I did some research online and realized that I had swimmers ear. It only made sense because I had been swimming so much. I tried some home remedies and bought some ear drops from Wal-Mart to see if it would feel better. To make a long story short, it didn't work. On Saturday, we had a farewell bar-b-que at my in-laws house and TJ's aunty did a samoan massage to make it feel better. It felt good while she was massaging my ear but as soon as she was finished, the pain came right back. I tried so hard to avoid going to the emergency room because I knew that it would be hectic. Thank god my husband was with me because I would have gone insane if I was in that room by myself. As we walked into the emergency room, I kid you not.... that damn place looked like little Tijuana. There were so many people cramped into such a small room with little kids of all ages crying in every freakin corner. I got irritated before I even got to the check-in desk. I swear if my ear wasn't hurting so much I would have just gone home. It took us two hours to be seen for ten minutes, and another two hour wait just for my prescription. I hated being there so much and was exhausted when it was all over. I've learned to never wait too long to go to the hospital especially if it has to do with your ears. I waited so long and my ears were so swollen that a gentle touch hurts it. TJ says that I should stop depending on Samoan massages because they don't always work. I've learned my lesson and can't wait for my pain killers to start rubbing in so that I can go to sleep. Earaches are so painful. I've gained a whole new respect for kids who live through an earache. I would give anything to be able to hear out of my right ear right now. The doctors say that the steroids and codeine should help with the swelling and pain and everything should be back in place in about two days. I'm so tempted to just remain highly medicated for the next 2 days so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me...lol... I've been so traumatized by this earache and vowed to go to the doctors at the first sight of an infection.....

2 comments:

Monty&Kristin said...

I'm so sorry!! My heart goes out to you!! Earaches are the worst thing ever!! I'm glad you finally went to the doctor!!! I hope you are feeling better by now!! SORRY!!

saMOEan said...

Hey there Ms. Dora...
I hope that you are feeling better!! Earaches suck!! The only bright side to having an earache is that you would not be lying if you told people that "you ain't tryin' to hear them." :) I miss ya tons and hope you feel better, please send my alofa to TJ!

P.S. Happy Belated Anniversary! I can't believe how fast time flew by! Luv you guys!