Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It felt like someone pressed pause, and then fast forward.

Today started off as any other day, after the fifth or sixth snooze. I managed to dress myself up in a proper manner a drive myself to school. My day was not the business. It seemed like someone pressed pause, and then fast forward. Just in case you don’t remember, its turn’s life super slow motion. It made even my favorite class, History of Rock, very boring. Today when I went to work I found myself easily irritated, usually I’m not, but I think the lack of sleep is getting to me. Or, it could just be the fact that two kids kept trying to hit me in my in my family jewels; who knows, maybe a combination of both. (yeah!) I was only at work for three hours and felt as if I was not going to make it. The craziest thing happen that brought a smile to my face. I wanted to fall and laugh but I had to be professional. We had a Cinco de Mayo assembly today @ 2:30 to 3:30. It took place outside on the black top where it was windy and hot. The kids loved it at first. After about fifteen minutes you couldn’t turn anywhere without a kid complaining to you. This isn’t the part that brought me joy. The kids wanted to go inside, but “we can’t just let them leave" the principal said, "that would be so rude.” So we forced them to sit and attempt to watch the program. I've been priveleged to work only with the rotten apples of my class. They act up alot. Swear at me and throw super tantrums. After a while half of the kids were saying things like, “I’m sorry Mr. Tj, I won’t swear no more.” Or “Okay, I promise I’ll do my work and won’t talk.” I couldn’t help but want to laugh. Imagine all these lifeless 2nd graders sliding off their chairs and complaining and pleading with me, as if I was punishing them. After awhile I heard a few say, “dis gotta be against da law man, I’m tell’n my momma.” With the close of the semester, I’ve been really tired, but whenever I’m at work something exciting or funny always happen making my day better.

2 comments:

hayLa said...

thats so funny. kids are kids and believe me there are people on my crew like that and they are grown. i need to write about my days on here so you canlaugh too. love ya bro!

Nia said...

LOL! That's hilarious. Too bad it wasn't home where you could just slap der head and call der mom.