Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time Well Spent

Today I skipped Spanish 015 and came home right after work. When I came home my wife gave me the look, husbands, you know what I'm talking about. (lol) I just told her, hey, there just reviewing. I could do that at home. So after Dora's horns receded I asked her if she had checked the kids homework, she replied "No," and I was off to work again. I helped Taligalu with her Math, I feel so bad cause she is already forgetting what I taught her last time we worked together, which was on Thursday of last week. Adonijah is such a bright kid, sometimes I have to remind him that it is okay to not know an answer. More importantly, that its okay to still be a kid. We worked on his History today, which he really didn't need any help with, but just reviewed. Today Taligalu really struggled with her Math, and I noticed that if she practiced her multiplication tables it would be so much easier. So I told her. "Sit here and practice your two's and your three's for five minutes each." She responded by rolling her eyes at me. (I know!!!!) I stopped and looked around the room, because I know she wasn't doing that to me. I was so shocked, I stopped, and looked around the room again to see if someone else was with me. I was really upset, but did nothing and proceeded to tel her that this will only maker her faster and more proficient. She shrugged her shoulders and said okay. Then she went at it for twenty rather than the ten I initially wanted. We finished with a talk concerning her eye maneuvers, and she apologized, which made me even happier that I didn't have to ask for one. Today I thought I was going to come home and nap, shoot I was looking so forward to it. Instead I did something a million times more rewarding and fulfilling.

4 comments:

James and Cindy said...

Emjae is already showing me her temper. I can't wait til she rolls her eyes and I tell her whats up. Im glad you handled it well. Miss you guys!

Monty and Kristin said...

That was nice of you to help them! yeah, kids with attitudes...it's hard to keep from blowing your top. But sounds like you both learned a lot from the experience!;)

hayLa said...

wow you are getting better. i am as well at work. patience and persistence is divine

Nia said...

That's awesome. Good job TJ.