Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I felt old....

About two weeks ago, our bishop tells our youth during mutual (on Wednesday) that he wanted us to come up with a dance number for the stake talent show.... which of course was on that Saturday... Considering that fact that it was so late in the week, I decided to tell the kids to do whatever they wanted for the 15 minute time limit that we were given. They could choose to either sing, dance, act out a play, or do a modern dance routine since they were so tired of doing traditional dances. However, if they were going to do a modern dance routine, I gave them 1 limitation. I said, "If you guys are going to dance, I do not want to see anyone up there doing the 'stinky leg.'" Of course when I said that, the entire youth starts to laugh while the other leaders and I look at each other trying to figure out what was so funny. Apparently, the reason they were laughing was because I fobbed. The name of the dance is 'STANKY LEG' with an 'A' instead of 'stinky leg' with an 'I'. I can't begin to explain how embarrased I was. Usually when I make a fob, I just laugh it off... I think the reason why I felt different this time around was because I did an "old people" fob... The kind of fob parents make when they try to speak teenager... In that moment, I remembered all the times I sat there as a youth and laughed at my mom's english. I guess the saying is true.... What goes around, comes around.... time to come to terms with the fact that I'm just not down with the slang....lol... Oh well, atleast I'm still a princess :P