Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Haka This......LOL

As some of you may know, I work with elementary kids.... I absolutely love my job because I am able to teach the kids about my culture and that of the other Polynesian islands. This week, we are practicing for a performance in two weeks and my kids pretty much know the dances they are supposed to do. However, sometimes they don't look right doing it. So, today I decided to go on YouTube and get a video or two to show them what I want them to look like. For the boys, they all know the Haka... Even my little kinder. However, they always look so "HAPPY" when they are doing it. I keep telling them, "Look mean.....you're supposed to be a warrior getting ready for battle!" But, they can never keep a straight face. So while looking, I found this video of the All Blacks New Zealand Rugby team doing the Haka before a game against a Scottish team. At first, I thought it was the best video cause everyone looked so mean and serious.... Then the last part came on and I just could not stop laughing. I was beginning to irritate myself because I couldn't stop laughing. Needless to say, the rest of my day was pretty awesome because I couldn't stop thinking about it. Hope it puts a smile on your face to....

No comments: