Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I miss my family.....

My brother Adonis called me today. Since being accepted into the Riverside School for the Deaf, his speach and hearing has improved dramatically. He actually wears his hearing aid now and is part of the basketball team there. When I answered my phone, I was shocked to hear my brother say, "Dora.... I have game tomorrow and I want you and TJ to come." I couldn't do anything but sit here like an idiot and cry................ I understood him............ The part that made me cry even more was when he asked, "Dora, why you crying." At first I thought I was trippin. Until he asked me again. After asking a couple of questions myself like, "You hear me?" I was amazed at how he answered each question I asked............correctly. I was so overcome with emotion that I couldn't help myself. MY BROTHER CAN HEAR ME!!! Having to tell him that I couldn't make it to his basketball game because I was in Utah was one of the hardest things for me. I couldn't help but feel like such a bad older sister. My brother can hear me for the first time and the first thing he hears me say is that I can't be there for him. After speaking with Adonis, my little sister came on the phone and updated me with everything she was going through. We talked about school and how she's been keeping up her grades, the boy name Alex who sits next to her in class that she likes, her confused friend who told her that if he were a girl he would totally date Alex.....she asked for some advice with that one cause she was thinking WTH herself...... then she went into how bored she was since we left. How she missed our little movie nights and how boring it is have my old room without me in it. My brother Adonijah has a crush on a girl in school and didn't know how to approach her. He also informed me that he has set a goal to complete his Eagle before he's 16. I've only been gone for 2 months but I fell like they are growing so fast and that I am missing such a huge portion of their lives. I know that being here is the right thing for TJ & I but I really just want to go back home.

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

I know it's hard to be away. It's great you could hear your brother and he could hear you. What a blessing that he got into that school. I'm so happy for him. Aren't you thankful for moden technology. At least when we are far away we can still keep in contact.