Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Beginnings...

Starting the new year away from my family was a pretty weird experience. TJ and I rang in the New Year this year at a community event called First Night. I've always watched movies and thought it would be cool to live in a small town where everyone gets along and celebrates holidays in the middle of town square. Well I finally had that experience this year. There were different food booths, game booths, weird singers, and dancing. I felt like I was on the set of a movie or something. Everyone was so nice. Twenty minutes before midnight, TJ & I decided to go up in the mountains for a better view of the fireworks show. The cops that were patrolling told us of a good place in the mountains to park and we absolutely loved the show. There were a couple of other people on the same mountain with us and we all rang in the new year together.

St. George has turned out to be a wonderful growing and learning experience for my husband and I. We have been so blessed each and every single day here. Tomorrow I start my new job and I am so excited. They only had part-time positions available but after the interview process, the H.R. guy decided to hire me on for a full time position with benefits after the first 30 days of employment. I've had soooo many job opportunities offered to me out here, I'm kind of sad that I didn't come here earlier. I am so grateful that my husband listened to the prompting he was given. I am happy that we acted on that inspiration and that we are here working towards our future goals. May this new year be full of love, laughter, new beginnings, and greater accomplishments for us all.

2 comments:

James and Cindy said...

Did you guys go up to the "D" mountain? I am so glad you got a job that turned into a full time thing. We hope we get to see you the first weekend in February.

Monty and Kristin said...

Glad to hear you are loving it. That is awesome.