Saturday, January 16, 2010

Would you like turkey with that?

As I posted earlier, TJ is working in the cafeteria at the hospital here in town. Each day he comes home, he tells me what new thing hes learned to make. He brags about how beautiful his food comes out and how he takes pride in making everything he serves really pretty. Today he comes home and he tells me, "I got an order today to make a Turkey sandwich. As I was making it, I took my time and made sure everything was pretty on the sandwich. When I handed it to the nurse she said, 'Wow, that is one beautiful sandwich.' Five minutes later, the nurse calls back and says, 'Can I get another sandwich.' To which TJ replies, 'It was that good huh?' Then the nurse said, 'Well I'm sure it would have been but there was no Turkey in my Turkey sandwich.'" I could not help but laugh in his face. I was like, "Hey, look at the bright side. At least you get to go to work tomorrow and make everyone a cheeseburger without the hamburger patty." I'm sure he wanted to slap me after that comment but we couldn't help but laugh at it for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

SOOO FUNNY!! I bet the sandwich was good...just not filling. Poor guy. I'm sure he'll never make that mistake again. Honest mistake.