Friday, April 13, 2012

Philadelphia.... 4/8/12 - 4/13/12

Let me start off by saying how much I absolutely love my job....lol... I had a conference to go to for Comcast Communications and I was able to take TJ with me.  To say that he was blown away would be an understatement.  I was so happy to tell TJ his ticket was booked and that he would be going with me.  My job generally requires me to travel, but I've found that I'm not really good at it.  I miss TJ too much and find that I can't thoroughly enjoy the time out there.  I know.... boo-hoo... But I can't help it... I love this guy =)  So when my co-worker told me that she was bringing her husband.... I jumped on expedia and booked TJ's flight IMMEDIATELY....  Most of the week was full of work...for me.  But TJ was able to take in all of the sites of Philly while I was at work and I'm sooo happy he was able to visit all of the many historical sites there.  Every day when I'd get to the hotel after work, he'd have an exciting story to tell of his day's adventures.  I don't have kids, but I assume kids would look the same way TJ did when he was telling me about his day.  We flew in to Newport, NJ. on Monday April 9th and drove from Jersey to Philadelphia.  I had to work at the Comcast Headquarters all week so we got to stay right in the heart of Philly.  It was about 2 hours from Jersey to Philly... but we didn't mind because it was soooooo absolutely perfect.  The song, "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction played on the radio about 5 times on the way there... So we like to think of it as OUR PHILLY song :)  This long stretch of road between Jersey and Philly is called the Turnpike.... No exits or entrances for miles... just one long stretch of road from one big city to the next.

We got to our room and settled in pretty late.  We stayed in the Embassy Suites Philadelphia and this was the view from our room.  I didn't  really expect much of a view with all of the high rise buildings surrounding the area.  The it was still pleasant to look at from the 13th floor.


This is Omre.  My Co-Worker Aja's spouse.  I'm not sure which museum this was, but it was right up the street from our hotel and they got to see it.

 TJ walked the stairs that Rocky ran in the Rocky movies.  This statue of Rocky is at the base of the stairs and of course, TJ felt the need to "sock it to em"...lol

While in Philly... I was determined to find some good Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches.  So we went to the Infamous Philly corner that had the 2 Cheese Steak joints right across from each other.  Of course we bought a sandwich from both places.  And unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with either one :(





 This was the view from the 52nd floor of the Comcast building.  This just does not do it justice.  You could see the ocean from here.  It is one of the tallest buildings in the entire town.  I  absolutely loved it.

Although Philly for me was full of work, training, and more work.... I was so happy that TJ was able to explore the town and see all that it has to offer.  We will definitely need to go back some day soon.  Thank you Comcast for being in such a beautiful town.

No comments: